United Way of Erie County - Office Manager
Job Title: Office Manager
Reports to: Executive Director
FLSA Classification: Hourly, non-exempt, full time
Salary and Benefits: Provided upon request
The Office Manager is responsible for general bookkeeping, database and office management, and assisting the Executive Director with community development projects.
- Must have well-developed administrative skills, including time management, interpersonal communications, attention to detail and organizational skills.
- Proficient in the use of computers and Internet access. Specific programs may include; QuickBooks, Donation Tracker and MS Office Suite.
- Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions.
- Ability to respond to common inquiries from donors, members of the business community, board members, agencies, volunteers and the general public.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Maintain confidentiality of donors, office procedures and staff.
- Reliable attendance is essential.
Education and/or Experience:
- Associate/Bachelor degree or the equivalent experience.
- Minimum 5 years general office experience and 3 years bookkeeping experience.
General Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist the Executive Director with office tasks to facilitate successful operations and fund raising campaigns.
- Provide general bookkeeping services including Accounts Payable and Receivable, reconciliation of bank statements, make general journal entries record, copy and deposit all checks received and maintain an orderly office filing system.
- Manage distribution of grant allocations and designations.
- Responsible for the preparation of records for annual audit and ensure business controls are in place and being followed.
- Responsible for the data entry and updating of campaign software, learning United Way's computer systems and software to maximize the benefit for United Way. Provide training and consultation for United Way's computer software, as needed, to office personnel, agencies, and volunteers.
- Prepare monthly reports for Finance Committee.
- Generate campaign mail merges and general correspondence mailings, maintain selected data sources.
- Assist the Executive Director with managing UWEC service events, i.e. Day of Caring, Stuff the Bus, Stamp out Hunger, etc.
- Manage and train all agencies interested in Charity Tracker.
- Collect UWEC information, produce and distribute quarterly newsletter.
- Recruit, build and maintain positive working relationships with community impact volunteers.
- Participate in UWEC related community-level councils/coalitions as assigned.
- Work with UWEC to organize and provide all needed information for annual tax clinic.
This position will require employee to work occasional nights and weekends.
General Terms Applicable to this Position
- Employed At Will. This job position is at-will, meaning that either the employee or UWEC may terminate the employment relationship at any time, with or without cause or prior notice.
- Not a Contract. This job description is not a contract of employment and is subject to change by UWEC at any time with or without prior notice to employee.
- Duties Not Inclusive. The duties listed above are examples of essential functions of the job, but are not all-inclusive. UWEC may require the employee to perform additional duties not listed and many modify the duties listed.
To apply: Send resume and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org